What can I say about these buffalo wings? Ryan really liked them.
- For the chicken:
- 4 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp Frank's hot sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup flour
- For the buffalo sauce:
- 1 stick of butter
- 2/3 cup Frank's hot sauce
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Pinch of garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- If the wings are whole, prepare them by separating the drums and flats, and discarding the wing tips.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken wings with the oil, 3 tbsp of Frank's, salt and pepper. Add the wings to a large ziplock bag along with the flour, and shake the wings around to evenly coat them with flour.
- Space the wings out evenly over two baking sheets. Bake the wings for 30 minutes and then flip them over. Bake for 30 more minutes, then remove the wings from the oven and set aside.
- To make the buffalo sauce, whisk the butter, Frank's, Worcestershire, garlic powder and vinegar together in a saucepan over medium heat. As soon as the mixture begins to bubble, remove it from heat.
- Toss the wings in the buffalo sauce using a large bowl. Add the wings back to the sheet pans and bake for an additional 10 minutes before serving.