Source: NYT Cooking
- 12 tbsp melted butter
- 1 1/2 c (180 g) flour
- 1 1/2 c (300 g) packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1 c (80 g) old fashioned oats
- 1 c (113 g) pecans, chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 1/2 lbs apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350. Combine the flour, 1 cup (200 g) brown sugar, oats, pecans and salt in a medium bowl. Add the melted butter and stir with a fork until combined.
- In a large bowl, stir together the apples, remaining 1/2 cup (100 g) of brown sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice. Add to the baking dish. Squeeze the crumble mixture into clumps and sprinkle evenly on top of the apples.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until the crumble is browned. Serve warm.