Source: Adapted from here.
- 2.5 cups (310 g) flour
- 1.5 cups (250 g) sugar
- 4 tsp (15 g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 g) salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) oat milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup (62 ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- Zest of one orange
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups (150 g) frozen cranberries
- 2-3 tbsp sparkling sugar
- Preheat oven to 425° and line a muffin tin with 12 liners.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and stir to combine. Add the milk, oil, eggs, orange juice, orange zest and vanilla extract and stir until wet and dry ingredients are just combined. Add the frozen cranberries and stir just long enough to evenly distribute them.
- Divide the batter evenly into the 12 muffin cups. The cups will be full in a standard muffin tin. Sprinkle the top of each muffin with sparkling sugar.
- Bake at 425° for 5 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 375° and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes, until the internal temperature is 209-210°, or the tops are golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.