These are my favorite waffles! I will continue to make these even without any allergen requirements, because they are excellent. There is nothing worse to me than spongy waffles. These are crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, and they even keep well and can be reheated in the toaster.
Source: Jessica in the Kitchen
- 1 1/2 cups oat milk
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups (240 grams) flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix the milk and apple cider vinegar together in a large measuring cup. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt together into a large bowl.
- Add the sugar, vegetable oil, buttermilk mixture and vanilla to the bowl. Mix together until just combined, and scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula. The batter will be thick and lumpy.
- Preheat your waffle maker. Follow the waffle maker's instructions -- for mine, I add a heaping 2/3 cup of batter to the waffle maker and cook for 3.5 to 4 minutes.