- 2 lbs chicken breast cutlets (6-8 cutlets)
- 1/2 cup dill pickle juice
- 1 quart of vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp butter
- 8 hamburger buns
- Pickle chips
- Add the chicken and pickle juice to a large ziplock bag or covered bowl and marinate for 8 to 24 hours.
- When you're ready to cook, preheat the oven to 200° F. Add the oil to a heavy dutch oven over medium heat and bring to 350° F, measuring the temperature frequently.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk together the flour, powdered sugar, baking powder and spices.
- Add an egg to the pickle juice marinade and whisk together. Remove each piece of chicken from the egg/marinade mixture and dredge in the flour mixture.
- Carefully place two cutlets at a time in the frying oil once it is at 350°. Cook for 2 minutes and 30 seconds, flip, and cook for another 2 minutes and 30 seconds on the second side. Remove each piece to a wire rack set on a baking pan and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Keep the chicken warm in the oven while cooking the remaining batches. When ready to serve, melt the butter in a frying pan and grill each bun face down in the butter until golden brown. Serve each sandwich with 2 pickle chips.